NOT LEGAL ADVICE!
NOT LEGAL ADVICE!, FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY
Experience:  Information provided is for entertainment puposes only and is NOT legal advice.
3076777

I rent a apartment that is in back of a house. I have a ...

I rent a apartment that is in back of a house. I have a lease that states that if I move anyone I after two weeks I must pay $100 more per month. I let my land lady know this lady know that the lady will be here for 2 weeks, and if I chose to have her stay I would start paying that money. My land lady called me a said that we were making to much noise and the girl must leave now. The noise was us getting busy, I said sorry and we will hold the noise down. I''m 48 and my company is paying the rent because I''m working out of town. I own a depluxe in another town and also rent one side of that. I believe that my land lady has know rights to tell me that I can''t have a girl living there with me. Please advise. Thank you
Expert:  NOT LEGAL ADVICE! replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

Unless your landlord agrees to add an additional renter to the lease, she is under no obligation to allow the individual to stay. An extended stay guest provision (i.e. paying an additional $100/month for visitors who stay more than two weeks) is not equivalent to adding someone to the lease. You may consider carefully reviewing your lease provisions with a local attorney. I regret that I cannot provide better news.

Let me know if you would like more information.

Please remember to click "ACCEPT."
This is the ONLY way I am paid for my efforts.
POSITIVE FEEDBACK is appreciated and reciprocated.

Thank you.

Disclaimer: Any information given by me is for informational use only and is not legal advice. This is general information and is not intended to be specifically tailored to an individual. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek legal counsel in their jurisdiction for accurate guidance regarding their individual circumstances.