4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/CSI
Experience:  Sworn Expert Witness in Criminal Law. Sworn Expert Courtroom Testimony.
796442

I filed an EEO complain with the HR. I met with the legal ...

Customer Question

I filed an EEO complain with the HR. I met with the legal counsel yesterday. I did not feel the investigation is fair and neutral. Also I felt that there might have been hidden tape-recorder. My employer is located in Maryland. Is it acceptable for employers to have biased investigation and is it legal in the state of Maryland to tape-record inperson interviews without the consent?
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
The employer should be un-biased in their investigations. You may should have filed an EEOC complaint straight to the Federal Level instead of your employer. In regards XXXXX XXXXX and taping.............Maryland is a two party state meaning that both parties must consent to the recording and it must be announced that there is a recording being made. Let me know if you need further assistance.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
I have posted an answer above. Please let me know if I may further assist.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
May I be of further assistance to you on this question. ?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: I think I did a mistake by filing with the HR and meeting with the legal counsel. Do you think it is appropriate to write to the legal counsel that I did not feel the investigation was biased? I was also under tremendous emotional shock and was not able to think clearly to answer his emotionally draining probes. Actually, today is my last day at this position. I am afraid they might give negative unsolicited reference to my new employer. The new employer has already offered me the position and it will start from Feb 11th. I am also looking for an EEO attorney.

My EEO Charge was on hotile environment and discrimination based on national origin. My supervisor has frequently repeated that I do not speak and write English well enough to do my job. Her claim is baseless. My job has been reduced to mere clerical while I was hired as an Associate Director for M&E of HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment program. Furthermore, I was physically harassed my a colleague and no action was taken.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
Do not send them a letter recanting. Take the new job and go with it. Then retain council to look over your EEOC complaint with the previous employer. Be very careful signing any documents they give or gave you to sign. You may well have a valid EEOC complaint and an attorney can take these on a contingency fee basis.