CALawyer, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Graduated Magna Cum Laude (Law School), Graduated Undergraduate at 19 Years of Age.

Is a power of attorney signed in California in 1994 good in ...

Is a power of attorney signed in California in 1994 good in Nevada? This power of attorney has never been revoked by either party and lists California Civil Code Sections 2475-2499.5, inclusive.
Expert:  CALawyer replied 8 years ago.
As long as it meets the same legal requirements for powers of attorney's in Nevada and does not limit itself to application in California (or over property in California, etc.) thenit would be valid.

States must give laws of other states full faith and credit.

As far as the legal requirements for powers of attorneys in Nevada, let me know what type of power of attorney it is, and I will tell you what the requirements are.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to CALawyer's Post: It is a "Uniform Statutory Form Power of Attorney" per California Civil Code Sections 2475-2499.5, inclusive. My son initialed in front of "ALL OF THE POWERS LISTED ABOVE", which include:
A. Real property transactions.
B. Tangible personal property transactions.
C. Stock and bond transactions.
D. Commodity and option transactions.
E. Banking and other financial institution transactions.
F. Business operating transactions.
G. Insurance and annuity transactions.
H. Estate, trust, and other beneficiary transactions.
I. Claims and litigations.
J. Personal and family maintenance.
K. Benefits from social security, medicare, medicaid, or other governmental programs, or civil or military service.
L. Retirement plan transactions.
M. Tax matters.
Under "Special Instructions" for limiting or extending powers granted to your agent, he wrote "N/A".
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Also, I do not find written anywhere on it that limits its application to California only. It does state that the document does not authorize anyone to make medical or other health-care decisions.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I just found and printed out the same form online and the form changed only in citing "California Probate Code Sections 4400-4465)otherwise it is exactly the same.
Expert:  CALawyer replied 8 years ago.
That should be fine as long as it was signed and notorized before a notary public.

There would be other requirements for a medical POA.