Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations

How do I do a quiet title suit in the state of Oklahoma, ...

How do I do a quiet title suit in the state of Oklahoma, Cherokee County?
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer- You will be in for quite a learning experience if you plan to prosecute a quiet title action pro se. You must be certain to name all relevant parties and obtain service on those parties. If you err in any way then later on your title could still be questioned so I would advise you to at least get some local legal assistance.

Having said that, you certainly have the right to proceed pro se and to do this you need to draft a complaint. There are no forms available for this so you have to start from scratch. The name of the court will be at the top and then your name a Plaintiff versus all of the Defendants. You may want to have a title search done to be sure who all the persons in title may be.

Once you have your complaint ready you need to file it at the clerks office at the court and request service by certified mail. Each Defendant will have approximately 20-30 days to file an answer and then the case will be set for scheduling by the court.

Good luck with your case!

David kennett - JD - Attorney at law