J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  21 years as a serious injury/wrongful death trial lawyer; nationally board certified; 43 jury trials

Hi I'm one the homeowner that had a subprime loan.

Customer Question

Hi I'm one the homeowner that had a subprime loan. I'm now facing foreclosure on my home. However my friend told me that he is working with a company that can halt a foreclosure up to 12 months. He is now requesting that I tranfer an 1/8 of my property to him through notarizing a preliminary deed to him. My monthly payments to him will be 1100.00 a month. I confuse of this and need help in finding the truth of this matter?
Expert:  J D Haas replied 8 years ago.
Be very suspicious of this. Be very careful about this. Do nothing until you talk with a debtor attorney or a bankruptcy attorney. It should not cost much for a consultation about your financial situation and this particular transaction. You can find them by an internet search: "California bankruptcy lawyer/attorney or California debtor attorney/lawyer". Do not give anyone a property interest in your home until discussing this with capable legal counsel. Unfortunately, some people in our society are using this crisis to prey upon people in financial trouble. An experienced lawyer can tell you if this proposal is in your best interest or not. Good luck.

I hope that I have helped you and that I have answered all of your questions. Please contact me if I have not answered all of your questions. If my answer is satisfactory please accept it. I really appreciate positive feedback.

In the future, you can specifically request that I work with you on your legal question. If you have specifically requested that I answer this question, thank you.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You and I have not entered into an attorney/client relationship. The only way that I am legally responsible for your legal rights is if you have signed a written retainer agreement with my law firm.