jflaker
jflaker, Firefighter
Experience:  Firefighter versed in HIPAA(Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) regulations
1261894

Is there a law that requires managers in retail that says ...

Is there a law that requires managers in retail that says they MUST be able to sell all merchandise within the store? The reason for my question is due to a manager having a felony on his record and according to law, he can not sell firearms. So is there a law that says if you are a manager and your facility sells firearms, that you must be able to sell it?
Expert:  jflaker replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. T

I believe that the law states that the person can not PERSONALLY sell or be licensed to sell firearms. Since the manager of the store is not PERSONALLY selling the fire arms, and only acting as an agent to the licensed establishment, then the manager would be able to sell or cause to be sold, any firearm that the licensed merchant establishment sells.

The law also mentions "violent felonies" as the trigger (sorry, no pun intended) to the laws. Your best bet is to contact the Michigan State Police or the Attorney General's office for a definition of the law and how it would apply to a store manager acting ONLY as an agent to a licensed fire arms merchant.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice law. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information and advice pertaining to your legal situation. Thank you.
jflaker, Firefighter
Experience: Firefighter versed in HIPAA(Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) regulations