dkennedy, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Juris Doctorate Degree

Delta Airlines lost our luggage as we were enroute to a ...

Customer Question

Delta Airlines lost our luggage as we were enroute to a cruise on Royal Caribbaean. We had no luggage for our entire trip...can we file a claim against Delta for cost of our cruise?? Or what can we claim?
Expert:  dkennedy replied 8 years ago.

The tickets purchased from Delta (or any airlines) will tell you that they limit the reimbursement for any lost luggage. They will not pay for most things, like the cost of your vacation. If you got your luggage back, I doubt they will pay anything, but if you purchased other clothes, you may get your money back for that, up to a maximum, which is also stated with the tickets you buy.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok....thanks...I knew that...but it ruined our vacation. The cruise line was supposed to be helping us track and locate but they messed it up even more...Delta forwarded the luggage to our first stop on cruise and cruise line did not pick it up ...and denied that it was was just a nightmare all week. Royal Caribbean cruise line is THE WORST and we have cruised many times in past. Tell anyone you know to avoid Royal Caribbean.
Expert:  dkennedy replied 8 years ago.

Hello again,

Instead of Delta, I would file a complaint against Royal Caribbean and try to get the money back for the cruise from them. It sounds like it was really messed up. My personal belief is that some companies hire the cheapest help, and that is what they get. You are not dealing with Royal Caribbean, you are then dealing with 20 year old kids who could care less, or 45 year old people who are ticked off at having such a demeaning job and could care less.

Sorry you had such a trip. I hope you get some reimbursement.