Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations

How do I give notice to medical offices that I will not be ...

Customer Question

How do I give notice to medical offices that I will not be responsible for any persons medical benefits and or fees other than my own?
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer- The best way to notify anyone is to send a letter by certified mail. In the case of telling someone you are not responsible for a debt you can give the notice but if you are legally responsible for the debt the notice will not relieve you of that responsibility.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
David Kennett , this is just for future bills that someone may put me on a form as "Person responsible for payment" if I'm not there to authorize my acceptance. I have received medical bills from my son's MD for payment and he is 30 years old and lives elsewhere. I,m looking for a easy and legal way to stop this in the future.

Thank you so much for your help !

Then I believe a certified letter to the appropriate office should suffice. There is no legal way I know of that your 30 year old son could somehow make you responsible for his bills just by saying that you were. You would actually have to accept responsibility in some way. If you get any bills in spite of your letter just send the bill back with an explanation and a copy of the certified letter previously sent.

Dave Kennett

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Mr Kennett, Thank you so very much !!!! you are a big help to me and I will do as you advised.

Happy New Year to you !!

No problem - Happy New Year to you too and thanks for using our service. - Dave Kennett