Bill F.
Bill F., Paralegal
Experience:  State Paralegal - 10 Years Hands on Legal Experience

I am waiting for a court date to verify dissabiliy.

I am waiting for a court date to verify dissabiliy. However, my father just handed me the torch to divide all of his property and a trailer park management. He wants me to run the trailer park. Do I need to place the park in a LLC? Will my inheritance interferr with receiving social security benefits? Thanks
Expert:  Bill F. replied 8 years ago.

Your ownership of the park as a recipient of SSD is not a problem however if you work t the park and earn income from the park you may be subject to reduction of some if not all your SSD over the next 18 months. SSD has a "return to work program" where you can start to work while keeping your benefits for a year or so, then after that the benefited are either tapper ed down or lost. Go to the ssd website under disability and look for their "return to work program"

If you are not earning income in your name from the property and it is just an asset then it will not interfere with your current benefit amounts.

Hope this helps. Good luck. If you have any other related questions please let me know. If you found this answer helpful please accept so I can continue to help others like you in the future. Thank you.