NOT LEGAL ADVICE!
NOT LEGAL ADVICE!, FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY
Experience:  Information provided is for entertainment puposes only and is NOT legal advice.
3076777

What rights does someone have if they have no lease ...

What rights does someone have if they have no lease agreement but have been living in a house owned by another. Can they be forced out? State of NC

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

If they have established residency at the home (have lived there for a certain time frame and have bills going to that address), that person cannot be removed without a formal eviction proceeding through the courts. Such an eviction generally takes 4 - 6 weeks.

Let me know if you would like more information.

Please remember to click "ACCEPT."
This is the ONLY way I am paid for my efforts.
POSITIVE FEEDBACK is appreciated and reciprocated.

Thank you.

Disclaimer: Any information given by me is for informational use only and is not legal advice. This is general information and is not intended to be specifically tailored to an individual. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek legal counsel in their jurisdiction for accurate guidance regarding their individual circumstances.