Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations

My husband accessed my email and forwarded several of my ...

Customer Question

My husband accessed my email and forwarded several of my private letters to several other people. What is the law against this in the state of Texas?
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer- I can find no law in the state of Texas which prohibits this activity. Obviously if you are having marital problems you may want to contact a family law attorney in order to protect your rights and assets but simply forwarding email is not in itself a violation of any law I can find.

Since you are married you presumably have access to each others possessions such as the computer and other household items so there is nothing in this that would be an actual criminal violation.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law