Bill F.
Bill F., Paralegal
Experience:  State Paralegal - 10 Years Hands on Legal Experience

I am a resident of KY, can a person have a deceased ...

I am a resident of KY, can a person have a deceased mans name added to a birth certificate with only one or two notarized signatures from his family. Paternity is in question! If not what has to be done to have his name added to the birth certificate of a seven yr old girl? What do I need to do to see that his name is XXXXX XXXXX with legal paternity testing done.
Expert:  Bill F. replied 8 years ago.

To add a childs paternal father to a birth certificate a dna test will have to be done and a court order that such tests proves that the deceased father his the paternal father will have to be issued. If he is the paternal father you can not prevent his name from being added to the birth certificate if they can prove paternity (however you may be able to make a claim on his estate for child support etc. if that is a route you wish to go down).

If the other side has had a dna test done on the child you will need to see the proof and may want to have your own done to confirm.

Good luck. If you have any other related questions please let me know. If you found this answer helpful please accept so I can continue to help others like you in the future. Thank you.