Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

My x fiance had all of my personal info and used my credit ...

Customer Question

My x fiance had all of my personal info and used my credit cards to excess I did not give him permissiin and he even got cards that i had cut up and put holds on He signed checks and wrote checks on my accounts and used my credit to purchase things and then resell them he would go to gas stations and get 5 gas and cash he took money that people owed me and i didn;t know it when i realized he was doing this he left but told me he would pay me back I dont know where all the money went he started to put money in my account but when i went and picked up my car the payments stopped i know now that he has done this before and probably isdoing it now to someone else he promised small payments via e mail (the promise)   what and where do i start
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
Two ways to approach this.

1) Unauthorized used of your credit cards and taking money from others on your behalf is considered identity theft, credit card theft and theft of your money. These are crimes which you can press charges, get him arrested and seek restitution.

2) You can sue him for repayment of all the amounts he has taken. Do not take his word for it as he will not follow through. Once you sue and get a judgment in your favor, you can then seek enforcement of the judgment if he pays to fail. Enforcement typically is placing liens on his property.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to LawNinvest's Post: first he has no property he always puts things in others names he has a job though the problem is i dont have enough income to pay an attorney and legal services says they cant help how can i go about this without an attorney or is that not possible
Hi, as I have stated, one way is to press charges for the theft and fraud related activity. You don't need a lawyer for this as you are reporting the crime to the police for them to investigate and take action.

To sue you do not need a lawyer. Most major book stores how "how to" sue which contains the instructions and forms for you to fill out. I was searching online for the Pennsylvania court forms and found the complaint form which you can access here. However it appears like it is lacking the summons, so I suggest you contact the court clerk to see if it is a complete form. I would also suggest you buy a how to sue book at the book store as it will explain the process completely for you.