4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/CSI
Experience:  Sworn Expert Witness in Criminal Law. Sworn Expert Courtroom Testimony.
796442

I would like to know how to go about charging someone that ...

Customer Question

I would like to know how to go about charging someone that might have given you a sexual disease (AIDS) and you were not aware that this person had this or might have come in contact with the disease and this person knew of the risk and did not make you aware.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.

Yes, you may indeed bring charges against someone for such as this. Contact your State Attorneys or District Attorney and discuss your situation. From there they can take evidence from you and determine whether there is enough to bring criminal charges. There is a burden of proof on your end of showing that they indeed were the ones that may have done this. Cross examination may also question past sexual partners that you were with as well to discredit. But your District Attorney can best decide after hearing your story whether there is enough evidence.

Also, please note that you have 3 viewed unaccepted answers as well. This link will take you there. Please let me know if I may further assist.

http://law.justanswer.com/QuestionSearch.aspx?PFID=3879046

Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.
May I be of further assistance to you. If satisfied with my answer you may click the accept. If you require further attention on this quesiton then reply please.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.