J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  21 years as a serious injury/wrongful death trial lawyer; nationally board certified; 43 jury trials

I was at a new years eve party tonight, where an ...

I was at a new years eve party tonight, where an employee of the facilities slapped and grabbed my wrist then when questioned tried to have me thrown out. What can I do?
Expert:  J D Haas replied 8 years ago.
You can sue the person who touched you for assault and battery. Alaska laws forbid conduct such as that. You should consult with an Alaskan personal injury lawyer. You can find them through the internet search: "Alaska personal injury lawyer/attorney" or "Alaska battery lawyer/attorney". Best wishes in the new year, and I am sorry that this has happened to you.

I hope that I have helped, answered all of your questions, and that I have provided you with useful information. Please contact me if I have not answered all of your questions. If my answer is satisfactory please accept it. I really appreciate positive feedback.

In the future, you can specifically request that I work with you on your legal question. If you have specifically requested that I answer this question, thank you.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You and I have not entered into an attorney/client relationship. The only way that I am legally responsible for your legal rights is if you have signed a written retainer agreement with my law firm.