J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  21 years as a serious injury/wrongful death trial lawyer; nationally board certified; 43 jury trials
6118667

Medical liens from an accident attached to your deeded

Customer Question

We had full tort. We was hit by another car. My wife had surgery and rehab. Even though the other driver was at found guilty. Their insuance company does not want to pay for Medical liens from an accident. If those cost are attached to your deeded property are they interest bearing.
Expert:  J D Haas replied 8 years ago.
I am very sorry that this has happened to your family. Your attorney should be responsible for getting a settlement or verdict that pays for your medical bills and liens. If the amount available for compensation is not sufficient, then some medical liens may not be paid. These liens could be turned into a judgment lien on your property. Interest could accrue on the medical liens. I am sorry that my information is not positive to your goals.

I hope that I have helped, answered all of your questions, and that I have provided you with useful information. Please contact me if I have not answered all of your questions. If my answer is satisfactory please accept it. I really appreciate positive feedback.

In the future, you can specifically request that I work with you on your legal question. If you have specifically requested that I answer this question, thank you.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You and I have not entered into an attorney/client relationship. The only way that I am legally responsible for your legal rights is if you have signed a written retainer agreement with my law firm.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  J D Haas replied 8 years ago.
Thank you and best wishes to you and your family.