J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  21 years as a serious injury/wrongful death trial lawyer; nationally board certified; 43 jury trials
6118667

Does Arkansas still have the squatting rights / home steadin

does arkansas still have the laws that state you can stake off a parcial of land and do upgrades on it yearly, and after so long it will become yours . if so, what is the A - Z process
"Squatter's rights" is also known as "adverse possession". Here is the site for the adverse possession law in Ark.:http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/ftproot/acts/2005/public/act84.pdf

Briefly, Arkansas law requires the person seeking title to the land to have possession of the land, had title to the property and paid taxes for 7 years, or 15 years depending upon the land; or had contiguous land and paid taxes on that land for 7 years. There are exceptions and further regulations, and you should review the law yourself. If you believe you qualify for adverse possession, please consult with an Ark. property lawyer as the lawyer can help you get title under Ark. adverse possession law. Good luck.

I hope that I have helped you and that I have answered all of your questions. Please contact me if I have not answered all of your questions. If my answer is satisfactory please accept it. I really appreciate positive feedback.

In the future, you can specifically request that I work with you on your legal question. If you have specifically requested that I answer this question, thank you.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You and I have not entered into an attorney/client relationship. The only way that I am legally responsible for your legal rights is if you have signed a written retainer agreement with my law firm.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to J D Haas's Post: MR, j d.
I CAN NOT GET THE WEB ADDRESS YOU GAVE ME TO WORK. SO ARKANSAS DOES STILL HAVE THE SQUATTING RIGHTS?? AND IF SO WILL I NEED TO HIRER YOU TO TAKE CARE OF ALL PAPER WORK IF SO LET ME KNOW I WILL BE COMMIN UP THERE ASAP AFTER THE NEW YEAR AND WE CAN START WORK ON THIS
I am not licensed to practice law in Arkansas so I cannot work on your case. Arkansas does have "adverse possession". A capable Arkansas property lawyer can take you through the process. Best wishes.