Michelle
Michelle, Paralegal
Experience:  31 years of experience in criminal, real estate, juvenile and family law
3273316

How is victimology different, from crimimology , sociology, ...

Customer Question

How is victimology different, from crimimology , sociology, or pschology? Please answer in at least 5 sentences
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

Victimology is the study of why, when and how certain people will become a crime victim. These studies are based on demographics ie income levels, race, gender. These studies also cover things like natural disasters, traffic accidents as well as consumer crimes ie ID theft.

Unlike criminology, sociology and psychology, victimology uses all the methods and information of the social and psycholocial studies - while socialogy studies the behavioral aspects, criminology the criminal behavior and psychology is the mental aspects - all of these mediums are applied in victimology.

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

I see where you have read my answer and have not yet accepted - is there something else I can assist you with - I also see where you have made it a habit to read answers without acceptance (more specifically listing of 4 questions with one accept) - this is an answer site that functions on the Honor System - if there is something else I can assist you with, please let me know - otherwise, If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle