Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

HOW DO I GO ABOUT RECORDING A QUIT CLAIM DEED IN COOK ...

HOW DO I GO ABOUT RECORDING A QUIT CLAIM DEED IN COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS?
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
Two ways you can do this in Cook County.

1) You can visit the location in person and file or

2) You can mail the deed for filing.

You can access the information on the process here (click on Frequently asked questions for recording information).

It is suggested that you contact the recorders office to confirm that the filing fee of $26.00 is updated. You will also need to include property information as stated below from the website:

All property related documents must contain a Property Identification Number (PIN), a complete legal description (available from the County Clerk's office or prior documents on that parcel) and a commonly known address for the property. The grantee's name must appear on the face of all deeds and a return mail address must appear on the face of the document.

Also, documents affecting title must have a preparer's name, a Real Estate Tax Declaration form (municipal, county, state where applicable) or exemption forms

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to LawNinvest's Post: CAN I GO TO THE MARKHAM COURTHOUSE - OR MUST THIS BE DONE IN DOWNTOWN CHICAGO?
In Cook county you can go to any of the six locations for filing purposes. The court clerk will then take your deed and consolidate it with the original deed information. So yes, according to their website you can go to the Markham Courthouse. If you intend to mail then you would mail it at the Chicago address.