J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  21 years as a serious injury/wrongful death trial lawyer; nationally board certified; 43 jury trials

Explain the difference between legal rights and moral ...

Explain the difference between legal rights and moral rights; the difference between in rem and in personam rights; the difference between negative and positive rights.
I answered this question before seeing the price. This question requests more information than is justified by the price. However, I answered it.

Legal right--a right that has been established by the government for its people or citizens;

Moral right--a right that has been established by religious, philosophical, or ethical leaders.

In rem--power a court may exercise over real or personal property; property jurisdiction;

in personam--power a court may exercise over a person; personal jurisdiction;

negative rights--the right to prevent power from interfering with certain rights: for example, freedom of the press means that the government will not interfere with the press;

positive rights--a benefit that accrues to a person from the government usually: right to free public education; right to social security benefits.

I hope that I have helped, answered all of your questions, and that I have provided you with useful information. Please contact me if I have not answered all of your questions. If my answer is satisfactory please accept it. I really appreciate positive feedback.

In the future, you can specifically request that I work with you on your legal question. If you have specifically requested that I answer this question, thank you.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You and I have not entered into an attorney/client relationship. The only way that I am legally responsible for your legal rights is if you have signed a written retainer agreement with my law firm.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
your welcome
Please let me know if I can help further.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have a few questions out there, if you could look at them. I have up'ed the money on some of them, but I am in a money situation so I am trying to conserve as much as I can.
I will take a look.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.