This should do it. First I need to ask that you please understand that I am not the presiding judge in this case and therefore, can not provide you with a specific number of years that she will be made to serve. What I can provide you with are my thoughts based on personal experience in the court room with many different cases.
I will break this case down for yo to make it easier for you to understand.
2. Breaking and entering (This is usually charged out as burglary for burglary means illegal entry into a structure with the intention to commit a crime. Many people think that a burglary means that something has been stolen)
You state that a plea has been made regarding the Assault and Breaking and Entering. The length or sentence that your friend will receive for these two charges could range from a monetary fine that includes restitution to the victim and probation for 5 years to 5 years time to serve.
The kidnapping charges that you describe tell me that your friend held her victim (restraint) against her will, in her own residence. Depending on the force that she used to carry out this task and her admission to the fact that she handcuffs to assist her in carrying out a crime (assault) could allow her to be sentenced up to 15 years confinement.
In her favor are in bold: Not in her favor are in normal:
1. The fact that she has no previous charges in her record will hold a good amount of weight as the judge calculates the length of her sentence or orders.
I have seen several defendant's be ordered to probation only when it is their first offense.
2. If the assault generated serious harm or injury to the victim this will not be in your friends best interest.
3. If she had the cuffs (doesn't matter if they were a toy) and they were found on her but she didn't use them, this will be in her favor.
4. Breaking a window for the purpose of entering and with the intent to harm is not going ot be in her favor.
Again I hope that this will help you by providing an idea as to the potentials of what could happen. Your friend could be ordered to Substance Abuse Treatment and Probation or be sentenced with up to 15 years. The ultimate decision will be based on the decision of the jury (if she will have one), the judge and all of the tiny details of the actual crime(s).
If this information has been helpful to you then please do ACCEPT by clicking the green button on your screen. Positive feedback is always appreciated. And, if I can ever help you with anything else, feel free to ask. Simply type Terri60 Requested in the subject line of your question or concern.
Stay Calm...All rocky waters do reach a calm.
Peace be with you,