Michelle
Michelle, Paralegal
Experience:  31 years of experience in criminal, real estate, juvenile and family law
3273316

Can you write a letter to judge who made a decision in ...

Can you write a letter to judge who made a decision in your case, that you are appalled that he is a judge and that you believe he sold out in your case, figuratively speaking? In the letter you state this is your opinion you are staing to him not the public?
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

Yes, you can write a letter to a judge - just make sure that it is NON-Threatening and that there is nothing in the letter that could be construed as threatening as it is a crime to threaten a judge.

If you write a letter to a judge you can mention that it is not for public consumption; however, once you write it and mail it and it is received bu the judge it becomes their property and they can do what they want with it.

It might make you feel better if you write the letter and tuck it away in a drawer for a few days and then go back and re-read it to make sure you want to sent what you originally wrote. It is never wise to "burn bridges" so to speak as one never knows when they might be before this person again.

Additionally, you can file a complaint if you feel that there was misconduct by the Judge in your matter

Joseph C. Steele, Secretary
Commission on Judicial Qualifications
State Court Administrator
1220 State Capitol
P.O. Box 98910
Lincoln, NE 68509(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />FAX(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Best of success to you in this matter,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Michelle, Paralegal
Experience: 31 years of experience in criminal, real estate, juvenile and family law