Jon
Jon, Police or Detective
Experience:  Certified Police Officer 22 yrs, Certified Polygraph Examinator, Detective 15 yrs
5438921

If your in tech. school in the airforce and you fail 2 ...

Customer Question

If your in tech. school in the airforce and you fail 2 block tests do you get seperated? or reclassed? do you get to choose which you would like to get if you fail? as in if you failed both tests do you get the choice to get seperated or to get reclassed?
Expert:  Jon replied 9 years ago.

j2rf588,

Let me see I can explain. When you joined the military, you signed a contract for a specific number of years of service, along with a specific MOS. If you are on active duty, and you are not able to fulfill the training requirements listed in the specific MOS you signed up for, they military branch has many options. They will chose which one they want to use. They can separate you and discharge you. They can recycle you through the same class at a later date. They can reclassify you and send you to a different MOS. Normally you don't get to choose the new MOS, or if you are to be released. This is a discussion that will have to be done. You belong to them.

I hope this information was helpful. If so, please use the Green "ACCEPT" button. If you need additional information don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for using Just Answer.

Jon

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
well i mean also if you cant like adapt to the new lifestyle within 6 months. if you cant handle the environment your in.
Expert:  Jon replied 9 years ago.

Normally this type of recommendation is done by your superiors. When this happens, it is a discharge under "Other than Honorable Conditions." This can be for a failure to adapt, or the inability of an individual to be trained in a specific area. If you specifically feel like you are unable to adapt to the new environment, speak to one of the chaplains on the base where you are at. This can be done in confidence, and at times they will be willing to act as a go-between for you. Good Luck.

Jon

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Jon's Post: i went to my chaplin and talked to him about it but he said to go to the health clinic and have them evaluate me to see if i can or cannot adapt.
so i should see this way or should i talk to the chaplin again?
Expert:  Jon replied 9 years ago.

Procede with that advise first. Then keep the chaplin in mind. Work through the system.

Jon

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
thank you very much i really appreciate the help. if i have anymore questions ill ask you again.
Expert:  Jon replied 9 years ago.
No problem