Michelle
Michelle, Paralegal
Experience:  Experienced Legal Assistant with knowledge in Criminal, Family, Probate, and Bankruptcy Law.
5317454

is it legal to watch beastiality or rape movies ...

Customer Question

is it legal to watch beastiality or "rape" movies on line?
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Since the Internet is an international network and there are currently no international laws regulating pornography, each country deals with Internet pornography differently. Generally, in the United States, if the act depicted in the pornographic content is legal in the jurisdiction that it is being distributed from then the distributor of such content would not be in violation of the law regardless of whether it is accessible in countries where it is illegal. This does not apply to those who access the pornography, however, as they could still be prosecuted under local laws in their country. Due to enforcement problems in anti-pornography laws over the Internet, countries that prohibit or heavily restrict access to pornography have taken other approaches to limit access by their citizens, such as employing content filters.

One area of Internet pornography that has been the target of the strongest efforts at curtailment ischild pornography. Because of this, most Internet pornography websites based in the U.S. have a notice on their front page that they comply with 18 USC Section 2257, which requires the keeping of records regarding the age of the people depicted in photographs, along with displaying the Name of the company record keeper. Some site operators outside the U.S. have begun to include this compliance statement on their websites as well.

Please let me know if you additional information, and click on accept if you are satisfied with my efforts to assist you.

Regards,

Michelle

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

Please let me know if you need more information, I'll be happy to help!

Otherwise, please click accept if you are satisfied with my efforts to assist you.

Thanks,

Michelle

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.
Please click on ACCEPT so I may receive credit for helping you. If you need more info, just ask!
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
so if i do this they can get my credit card info and come and arrest me?
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

This can be a difficult scenario, as there are many 'gray' areas in the law. If the participants are adults, I can't imagine that you would be arrested for watching it. If I could give you any advice it would be to make sure that none of the images you view contain children, as we have all heard and seen news stories of arrests...this can and will get you in alot of trouble.

Michelle