NOT LEGAL ADVICE!
NOT LEGAL ADVICE!, FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY
Experience:  Information provided is for entertainment puposes only and is NOT legal advice.
3076777

is it legal to own a savanna cat in the state of pa.

No Comment Added
Expert:  NOT LEGAL ADVICE! replied 9 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

Savannah cats are legal pets in Pennsylvania. Also, savannahs more than 5 generations from the serval are allowed to be owned in NY state, but not in the city of New York. Click here for additional resources on exotic cat laws.

Let me know if you would like more information.

Please remember to click "ACCEPT."
This is the ONLY way I am paid for my efforts.
POSITIVE FEEDBACK is appreciated and reciprocated.

Thank you.

Disclaimer: Any information given by me is for informational use only and is not legal advice. This is general information and is not intended to be specifically tailored to an individual. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek legal counsel in their jurisdiction for accurate guidance regarding their individual circumstances.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
are there permits required to own a savanna cat in pennsylvania

Yes, permits are required for ownership. Click here for more information.

34 PA. CONS. STAT. ANN. §2963 - Exotic wildlife possession permits

(a) Authorization. - The commission may issue permits to persons to possess exotic wildlife which shall authorize the holder to purchase, receive or possess exotic wildlife from any lawful source from within or without this Commonwealth.

(b) Shelter, care and protection. - No permit provided for in this section shall be granted until the commission is satisfied that the provisions for housing and caring for such exotic wildlife and for protecting the public are proper and adequate and in accordance with the standards established by the commission.

(c) Unlawful acts. - It is unlawful for any person to:

(1) Possess, purchase or receive exotic wildlife, without first securing a permit to possess exotic wildlife issued under this section or regulations pertaining to this section.

(2) Release exotic wildlife into the wild.

(3) Fail to exercise due care in safeguarding the public from attack by exotic wildlife.

(4) Recklessly engage in conduct which places or may place another person in danger of attack by exotic wildlife.

(d) Penalty. -

(1) A violation of this section relating to permits is a summary offense of the third degree.

(2) Any other violation of this section is a summary offense of the fifth degree.

(3) Each day of violation shall constitute a separate offense, but under no circumstances shall the accumulated penalty for purposes of a field receipt exceed $300. There shall be no limit on any accumulated penalty a court may assess.

(e) Discretion of director. - In addition to the penalties provided, the director may, for any violation of this section, revoke or suspend any permit and order the disposal of any exotic wildlife held.