How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When filing a Petition for Contempt in Maryland, ...

Customer Question

When filing a Petition for Contempt in Maryland, the document states that Form DOM REL 53 must be attached.The petition has an option to have the court order the defendant taking into custody to enforce its standing order for child support.The defendant/respondent(the father) is currently in arrears more than 5,000.00 dollars,as of this date.The defendant/respondents license has been suspended,yet he continues to drive,work in another state to avoid payments,and continues to pick up the children weekly.The defendant/respondents mother has aided him in his efforts to avoid payment,by purchasing a car for him in her name,and providing him with free housing at her home.According to free consultation from a lawyer,it was recommended that seperate legal action be taken against the mother for her interference.What are the next steps to be taken to obtain payment,and what action should be taken against the mother? Can her culpability be proven,and what is the most appropiate action to file?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.


Does the mom reside in MD or VA?


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Richard V. Licata's Post: The mom resides in Maryland as does the father
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

I would apply for a restraining order on Mom to stay away from the children, and apply to the court for an order of contempt against her. That may be a long shot but she certainly is complicit in your ex's contempt of the court decree. Alteranative....ask the court for an order preventing her from interfering with the prior order of the court with respect to your ex.