Walter
Walter, Legal Consultant
Experience:  Specializing in all aspects of law including Family, Real Estate, Employment and Consumer Protection

How do I file a complaint against an employer in Texas.

I would like to file a complaint with the texas labor board. My friend (illegal citizen) has been working for a company working 40 to 60 hours a week without any overtime pay. He was fired for no reason and was not paid for the full 60 hours he was owed for that week. This employer is paying all employees (legal or illegal citizens) in cash and not withholding for taxes, social security...strictly cash business. He is working them 40 to 60 hours a week and not paying any overtime pay. How do I report him to the labor board in Texas? Do you have contact numbers?
Expert:  Walter replied 6 years ago.

You will want to contact a couple different places.

Federal Labor Relations Authority (Dallas Regional Office)
525 S Griffin St Ste 926, Dallas, TXNNN-NN-NNNN
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

I would also recommend reporting them to the IRS for failure to comply with tax laws. You can do at the following link: To Report Suspected Tax Fraud. If you have information about an individual or company you suspect is not complying with the tax law, report this activity.

Walter

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you know if illegal citizens have the same rights as legal citizens? It seems employers are treating illegals any way they want not expecting them to report them? Will the labor board respond since he is an illegal?
Expert:  Walter replied 6 years ago.

Most employers tend to treat illegals badly as they figure the illegal will not complain or risk being sent back. Since this is just a report there is no real concern of that here. Yes the labor board will respond and will take this very serious. Just because some one is a illegal alien doesn't give the employer the right to break the laws of this country nor the right to take advantage of illegals.

The IRS will take this very seriously as well. tax evasion is a serious crime and one they will deal with quickly and efficiently. What was done to your friend was wrong.....and he or you need to file these reports to prevent others from being taken advantage of.

Walter

Walter, Legal Consultant
Experience: Specializing in all aspects of law including Family, Real Estate, Employment and Consumer Protection