rvlaw
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
3071004

how do I fight an order of protection, when there are ...

how do I fight an order of protection, when there are no legitimate reasons for it.I live on Long Island, NY.
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

If it was issued by a court, make an application to have it vacated. Bring proof and witnesses and be prepared to particiapate in a hearing to prove that the order should be overturned. You may want to seek at least a consultation with a local attorney to guide you and then handle it yourself.

XXXXX XXXXXcata

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
How do you provide proof when it's her word against mine?
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

It may be as simple as your being more believable and/or if she has made certain allegations ...making her provide proof more than just her word. Alternative is to do nothing and let the order stand. It's up to you. I just wanted you to know there is the option of fighting back if you choose.

XXXXX XXXXXcata