Dan, Retired JD
Experience:  Retired attorney, general practice, with an additional background in financial planning,

what does it mean to have a hold on a warrant

Customer Question

i know someone who is wanted on a failure to appear in court to end their probation on a felony charge and i called and there is a warrant but is on hold
Expert:  Dan replied 9 years ago.

It means that for some reason the warrant is temporarily suspended, or "put on hold". Your guess is as good as mine as to why. It gives the individual a temporary window of opportunity to get this matter straightened out, though, so that the warrant can be rescinded instead of merely put on hold.

Let me know if you have any followup questions. If none, please remember to click on the ACCEPT link so that I may receive credit for working on this topic with you.

Thank you,

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state