Michelle, Paralegal
Experience:  31 years of experience in criminal, real estate, juvenile and family law

I recieved a 20 day summons letter delivered by ...

I recieved a 20 day summons letter delivered by sheriff, it is an amount that I could pay within a month. Do I try to set up a within-30 day payment plan with the attorney on the letter, or the collection agency, and are they likely to withdraw the suit?
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

Yes. Contact the attorney and explain that you want to make arrangements to have the amount paid prior to a court date - generally, they are willing to get their monies - however, keep in mind that they probably will tack on the costs of filing the suit and that they will want the full amount before having it dismissed.

Once everything is agreed upon verbally, ask that they send you a written confirmation regarding the plan.

IF my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT - if you need further help, please let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated, as is a BONUS.

Thanks ~ Michelle