legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Attorney-Business degree from The University of Texas

What does case status Disposed- mean

Customer Question

I called a collections agency to settle a cc bill and was told there was a judgement entered in a civil court. I never got notice, never appeared, but when I checked online it says case status: disposed, no judge name no information... what does this mean?
Expert:  legaleagle replied 9 years ago.

You should call the clerk of the court and ask what happened with the case. Disposed could me the judge on his own order disposed of the case without a decision or the other party moved to have it disposed. You need to know the cause no and ask for the ruling. If the judge ruled against you, you need to file a motion that you did not recieve notice and request the matter be reopened. If no decision was made then there is no judgment against you and the collection ageny can not collect anything from you.

Please press ACCEPT. POSITIVE FEEDBACK is always appreciated. If you are REALLY HAPPY with the service, a BONUS would be great!