Experience:  Information provided is for entertainment puposes only and is NOT legal advice.

What makes a legal contract ( Mortgage loan) null and void

Our mortgage loan application was forged with my signature. The one I filled out was shredded and a new one in its place with an inflated income.The final HUD statement that was certified to be true was also forged. And the day of our closing the notary left our home and took all the docs with her stating she would make copies .But she never came back. You answered our first question stating that if I could prove this the loan would be voidable. Based on what code do you get your answer. What case law can I look up to support your answer
Expert:  NOT LEGAL ADVICE! replied 9 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

Below is the appropriate statute:

New Jersey Property Laws Section 46:2-2. Frauds or forgeries not validated. Nothing in this title contained shall be construed to make good, valid or effectual any fraud or forgery, made or used in or about any powers of agency, letters of attorney, deeds, writings or records, last wills or testaments, bargains and sales, or other conveyances of estates of inheritance, grounded thereupon. Reference

Let me know if you would like more information.

Please remember to click "ACCEPT."
POSITIVE FEEDBACK is appreciated and reciprocated.

Thank you.

Disclaimer: Any information given by me is for informational use only and is not legal advice. This is general information and is not intended to be specifically tailored to an individual. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek legal counsel in their jurisdiction for accurate guidance regarding their individual circumstances.