Michelle, Paralegal
Experience:  31 years of experience in criminal, real estate, juvenile and family law

Are brass knuckles illegal to keep in your car in Missouri

Customer Question

My girlfriend just left me and she is talking to a guy from my work and he carries brass knuckles in his car, and I know he has had drug problems in the past. She won't listen to me, so I wanted to know if the brass knuckles are illegal.
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

Here is the MISSouri Code on the issue. Knuckles are not legal and considered a deadly weapon

Possession--manufacture--transport--repair--sale of certain weapons a crime--exceptions--penalties.

571.020. 1. A person commits a crime if such person knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:

(1) An explosive weapon;

(2) An explosive, incendiary or poison substance or material with the purpose to possess, manufacture or sell an explosive weapon;

(3) A machine gun;

(4) A gas gun;

(5) A short barreled rifle or shotgun;

(6) A firearm silencer;

(7) A switchblade knife;

(8) A bullet or projectile which explodes or detonates upon impact because of an independent explosive charge after having been shot from a firearm; or

(9) Knuckles - "Knuckles" means any instrument that consists of finger rings or guards made of a hard substance that is designed or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious physical injury or death by striking a person with a fist enclosed in the knuckles

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle