NOT LEGAL ADVICE!
NOT LEGAL ADVICE!, FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY
Experience:  Information provided is for entertainment puposes only and is NOT legal advice.
3076777

HOW CAN I GET THE LAST FOUR DIGITS OF A SOCIAL SECURITY ...

Customer Question

HOW CAN I GET THE LAST FOUR DIGITS OF A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, CAN SOMEONE PLIZ HELP?
Expert:  cogrep replied 9 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. Could we get some more information?

- What is your reason for needing the number?
- Is this for a living or a deceased person?
- Do you have information on the name, date of birth, location of birth, current location, etc?

Please reply as soon as possible so that the experts can assist you.

Expert:  Michael L replied 9 years ago.
I have asked the same question in another post, this is a duplicate question
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
HELLO PLIZ EXCUSE ME FOR THAT, I OWN A SMALL ARTS AND CRAFTS STORE AND THIS PERSON PAID ME W/A PERSONAL CHECK AND I FOR SECURITY REASONS I ASK FOR HER ID OR DL CARD AND ALSO HER SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER THE PROBLEM THAT I AM HAVING IS THAT UPON CHECKING MY PAPERWORK I NOTICED THAT THE SAME SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER WAS BEING USED BY ANOTHER PERSON CAN U PLIZ JUST VERIFY HER LAST 4 DIGITS THE NAME IS (edited personal info) CAN U PLIZ HELP?
Expert:  James replied 9 years ago.

This is a matter which should be taken up with the local authorities or run a credit bureau check on the social.

Thanks

james

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to James's Post: SO WHAT U R TELLING ME IS THAT U BASSICLY CAN'T HELP ME RIGHT?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
ISN THEIR ANYONE WHO CAN?
Expert:  James replied 9 years ago.

No what i am sayin gis it is "illegal" for me to look up someones social security nunber. However since YOU have a business and the customer is yours YOU can run a credit repoar on them.

www.experian.com

www.annualcreditreport.com

Youc an also contact the local credit bureau in your area and they can run a check. If you think this is Fraud your local police dept will do everything for you for free!

Hope this helped. Please click the Green Accept Button.

Thanks

Expert:  NOT LEGAL ADVICE! replied 9 years ago.

To be clear: someone wrote you a personal check and you asked for their driver's license and social security number.

This person gave you their social security number, and then you discovered that another customer also uses this social security number.

So, if you have their name and full social security number, you can verify it with this service:

https://www.intelius.com/people-search-ssn.html

If you believe that either of these people is involved with identity theft, you are advised to report this information to the police. Such activities are subject to criminal prosecution.

For example, every person who, with the intent to defraud, acquires, transfers, or retains possession of personal identifying information of another person, is guilty of a crime punishable by up to $1,000 and one year in county jail. California Penal Code § 530.5 The use of personal information for unlawful purposes is a misdemeanor / felony "wobbler."

The ID theft victim also has the right to bring action against anyone claiming a right to money or property in connection with a transaction procured through ID theft. California Civil Code § 1798.93

Click here for the Federal penalties for identity theft.

Also, please note that it is illegal to run a credit report on an individual without their written consent.

Let me know if you would like more information.

Please remember to click "ACCEPT."
This is the ONLY way I am paid for my efforts.
POSITIVE FEEDBACK is appreciated and reciprocated.

Thank you.

Disclaimer: Any information given by me is for informational use only and is not legal advice. This is general information and is not intended to be specifically tailored to an individual. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek legal counsel in their jurisdiction for accurate guidance regarding their individual circumstances.