Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

what happens if you break a restraining order

my retraining order was that I was not to call her and one night I accidently called her
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
A violation of a restraining order can result in fines and/or incarceration. The amount of fines and or jail time is based on the discretion of the judge and whether or not she reports the violation.

Please note that I will be in and out of the office today. If you have further questions, please post them and I will reply as soon as I return. Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to LawNinvest's Post: She did report them
As I have stated earlier it will be up to the judge's discretion to impose your penalty but for NC being in contempt of court can subject you to 30 days jail time and/or a $500 fine.