Matt Kesler
Matt Kesler, Researcher/Law Student
Experience:  A year away from my J.D. and I've handled my own legal issues involving the business I own for years
707400

IN ILLINOIS IF YOU GET A TICKET FOR SCOTTS LAW AND ALL YOU ...

Customer Question

IN ILLINOIS IF YOU GET A TICKET FOR SCOTTS LAW AND ALL YOU DID WAS NOT COMPLETLY CHANGE LANES OT
HER
THAN THE FINE WILL YOU LOSE YOUY LICENSETHE OFFENCE WAS 625 5 11-907C FAILER TO YIELD TO A STATIONARY POLICE CAR.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Matt Kesler replied 9 years ago.
According to the Illinois traffic code a violation of Scott's law could potentially result in:

A fine of up to $10,000.
Suspension of driving privileges for a period of up to a year but not less than 90 days for damaging another person’s property.
Suspension of driving privileges for a period of not less than 180 days but no more than two years for injuring another person.
A two-year suspension of driving privileges for causing the death of another person.

So, since you didn't cause any injury or property damage I would think the only thing you'd potentially be eligible for is the fine. Don't be scared by the $10,000 figure either as that would be for the most serious offenses (disobeying the law AND causing death or very serious property damage).