Lawmoe, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Lawyer with 19 years of litigation experience in state and federal court systems.

Is badgering illegal?

I was hit by a mirror from a guy driving a chevy suburban, one of the new models that are lower to the ground like an F-150 or dakota. The insurance company taking the statement by phone, with my lawyer on conference call, asked me to recap again what happened. I did and he said, "well thats not what you said in your police report. You stated he intentionally hit you and our policy states that if our insured intentionally does anything we will not pay the claim. Did you or did you not say he intentionally did that?" Also he stated that he is 6'1" and I am 5'6" and that a mirror would barely hit him in the shoulder. Also he stated that my statement now and the police statement were slightly off, like I said in the police report that my wife and I were in the same car and the statement I gave now, I said we were in seperate cars. Could that be considered badgering, is it illegal, and is there anything you think I might be able to do about it?

No. I am afraid, it is not illegal. It may be inappropriate and that is up to your lawyer to control.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Is there anything we can do about it? Could it effect my case?

No. There is nothing that you can do about it. It really does not impact the facts of the case. Your attorney should have controlled that better.