Lawmoe, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Lawyer with 19 years of litigation experience in state and federal court systems.

What is the law for noise regarding tubular windchimes. My ...

What is the law for noise regarding tubular windchimes. My neighbor has an extremely large tubular windchime and it is on my bedroom side of the house and keeps me awake at night. I asked them to move it of remove it and they haven't done anything about it and it has been over a week. It is on their back porch. Please advise. Thank you
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 9 years ago.

There is no law against tubular wind chimes. There is also no law relating to such nuisance issues and, as a result, it becomes a difficult issue. You could sue in civil court for nuisance. However, such a suit woyuld be costly and the outcome speculative unless you can clearly demonstrate that the chimes exceed reasonable standards.

I would suggest speaking with the neighbors or suggesting some kind of mediation.

Please click ACCEPT below