FamilyPhysician, MBA, MD
Experience:  Legal-medicine issues, business law principles, lecturer in medical-legal issues

In Nassau County how close to a driveway can a car park

Customer Question

Cars park right before blocking my driveway making it almost impossible to turn in. How far from the beginning of the drive way must a car be?
Expert:  FamilyPhysician replied 9 years ago.
The NYS Driving Manual does NOT list a specific distance. You can NOT park in front of a driveway, although there is nothing in NY driving regualtions from parking CLOSE to the driveway.

Here are the details

I also was not able to locate a specific county regulation on parking near driveways.

One possible option:
"Along a curb that has been cut down, lowered or constructed for access to the sidewalk"

If you constructed an ramp to allow access to your sidewalk for handicapped accessability, this would prevent someone from parking in front of that ramp. You would of course need to check with county code enforcement on the legality of placing a ramp at that specific location.