NOT LEGAL ADVICE!
NOT LEGAL ADVICE!, FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY
Experience:  Information provided is for entertainment puposes only and is NOT legal advice.
3076777

Can felons in TN. own/possess BB guns, Black powder weapons

Can felons in TN. own/possess BB guns, Black powder weapons and archery equipment? (not carried as concealed)

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

In the state of Tennessee, domestic assault and domestic injunctions trigger lifetime gun prohibition. Otherwise, restoration of gun rights under Tennessee law requires a convicted citizen to petition for the restoration, and a chief law enforcement officer must endorse the petition or testify on behalf of the petitioning felon. The petition should ask for the restoration of the right to vote, the right to seek and hold public office, the right to serve on a jury, and the right to possess a firearm. Tennessee Law prohibits a felon whose rights have been restored from possessing a handgun if the conviction is for violent felonies or for a felony drug conviction. T.C.A. 39-17-1307(b)(1)

Click here and here for more information.

By definition, a firearm is a weapon that is designed to expel a projectile by the action of smokeless or black powder. This would preclude archery equipment and some BB guns.

The complete Tennessee code for gun laws may be read by clicking here.

As state laws are always changing, I recommend that you confirm this by contacting State Law Enforcement or the Attorney General's office:

• State Law Enforcement:
    Tennessee Department of SafetyXXXXXbr />Nashville, Tennessee 37249
    Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Web Homepage
    Email: [email protected]
  • Attorney General:
    Attorney GeneralXXXXXNorth
    Nashville, Tennessee 37243
    Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Fax: Unk
    Web Homepage
    Email: [email protected]
  • Let me know if you would like additional information.

If I have answered your question, please click "ACCEPT."
    POSITIVE FEEDBACK is appreciated and reciprocated.

Thank you.

Disclaimer: Any information given by me is for informational use only and is not legal advice. This is general information and is not intended to be specifically tailored to an individual. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek legal counsel in their jurisdiction for accurate guidance regarding their individual circumstances.