Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator

what is the legal age to babysit in ky and the guidelines

Customer Question

the minimum age you can be and how lowg can you babysit
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
There's no law in Kentucky that specifies any age that a child can be or cannot be left home alone. It is a judgment the parents have to make on their own, keeping in mind that they could be left bearing responsibility if the child is not mature enough and something happens that endangers his or her well-being.

So you need to determine if your child is mature enough to handle emergency situations that may occur in the home or while babysitting. Even if you believe the child is mature enough, if the child is exposed to a risk of harm, social services can consider you to have been negligent and may possibly remove the child.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.