Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator

what are the law restrictions on security cameras ...

what are the law restrictions on security cameras placement on my property? I live in Arizona
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
Arizona does not have any laws regulating the use of security cameras. However such cameras should only be directed at public open spaces (not into a private area (or inside a neighbor's house)) and there should be a visible notice to the public that your property is under camera surveillance. This is to protect you from any alleged invasion or intrusion into of privacy.

Here is an interesting website which details the few states which have regulation.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.