Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Experienced attorney; contracts, internet, business, finance, employment, RE, consumer, & more.

What is the legal age a child can stay home alone in Kentucky

Customer Question

My child is 8. Can she be left alone in our house while I am at work?
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 9 years ago.
Kentucky, like other states, does not have a minimum age children need to reach in order for parents to leave them alone at home. The decision is up to the parent. HOWEVER, that does not mean that the state will not, if anything happens to the child or the child harms another person because they were unsupervised, will not be able to press charges against the parent or even take the children into protective care.

Where a child is unsupervised the state may claim the parent was neglecting the child or otherwise harming the child.

To review more information on this matter you can look at: (read about "neglect")