4ren6, Forensics/CSI
Experience:  Sworn Expert Witness in Criminal Law. Sworn Expert Courtroom Testimony.

FMLA, Paid Stress Leave

Can an CA employee receive paid stress leave from work? My wife is currently under the care of a mental care professional. Can he recommend a stress leave? And will the employer continue to pay the employee and for how long?

If she has insurance that covers this from her job it will or should cover the medical cost. In regards XXXXX XXXXX paid leave. She would first have to use all sick and annual to fall under the FMLA. The employer would also have to qualify to be eligible for FMLA. FMLA does not pay for but provides leave without pay.

And yes the medical professional can request medical leave. She also needs to be careful disclosing too much information to the employer unless the stress is job related.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Somewhat helpful. I will continue looking in to this matter further.
If this was not adequate then I would prefer to refund your money. If you need additonal info on this then continue to ask questions and i will further assist. Your under no obligation to further accept my answers. Just let me know what else if anything I can do for you on this.