Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

help me write a letter stating how much child support i ...

help me write a letter stating how much child support i receive for my son upon a mutual agreement
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 7 years ago.
What do you want your letter to say? And who are you address this to?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I wan a letter confirming that my exboyfriend does in fact pay child support to me for my son in the amount of 150.00 a month
[Date]

[Your Name and Address]

[Name and Address of who you are sending the letter to]

RE: Child Support for [Name of child]

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to confirm that [Name of child]'s father, Mr. [name of father] has been paying child support as court ordered on [date of child support order] in the amount of $150.00 a month.

If he has never defaulted on payments you can add the following paragraph:

Mr. [name of father] has always met his obligations in paying child support and has never defaulted or been found to owe child support.

If he has defaulted, you can use this paragraph instead:

Although Mr. [name of father] was found to owe back child support, he has had an active role in paying back the arrearages along with maintaining current child support orders each month.

If you have any questions or wish to discuss the matter with me further, please do not hesitate to contact me at [your phone number with area code] at your convenience.

Sincerely,

[your name]

Just add the information in the bracket [ ] sections of the letter. let me know if you want to add anything else.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney & Certified Mediator
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
How else can I assist you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this letter i want is going to be a notorized letter. you need to type it as a notorized letter. also i need the names added to the letter.

My Name: Kortney Hayes
my son's name: Antonio Hayes
His father's name: XXXXX XXXXX

I am going to have the letter notorized by:
XXXXX XXXXX
Notary Public State of Maryland
Commission expires July 16, 2008

The letter is dated for Monday January 2, 2007

He has never defaulted on payments.

we don't need addresses of any one because this is an informal letter.
January 2, 2007

Kortney Hayes

RE: Child Support for Antonio Hayes

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to confirm that Antonio Hayes's father, Mr. XXXXX XXXXX has been paying child support as court ordered on [date of child support order] in the amount of $150.00 a month.

Mr. XXXXX XXXXX has always met his obligations in paying child support and has never defaulted or been found to owe child support.

Sincerely,

Kortney Hayes

______________________________

State of Maryland
County of _________________

On ______________before me, XXXXX XXXXX, personally appeared__________________________ personally known to me (or proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence) to be the person(s) whose name(s) is/are subscribed too the within instrument and acknowledged to me that he/she/they executed the same in his/her/their authorized capacity(ies), and that by his/her/their signature(s) on the instrument the person(s) acted, executed the instrument.

WITNESS my hand and official seal

NOTARY PUBLIC SIGNATURE NOTARY PUBLIC SEAL

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Lawyer, Broker 's Post: don't you think that the letter should read on an before me Kortney Hayes appeared before me
No. If you read it carefully, that is where the date goes when the notary witnessed your signature and makes her affirmation. Your names is placed by the notaries own handwriting where it reads personally appeared__________________________

This is notary standard language and the notary is to fill this out with her own hand.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Cynthia N. Johnson is the notary. So are you saying that in the blanks should be the date and Kortney Hayes?
Yes, and the notary herself needs to write these things on her own affirmation because she first has to witness your signature. The law requires her to do it not you or anyone else.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Lawyer, Broker 's Post: OK, the letter is fine but, can rewrite the letter showing that this was an agreed upon amout by the two parties and not as ordered by the court.

Thank you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you

I am not going to have to pay another 9.00 am I.
Are you telling me there was never any court orders for child support? Please clarify as this is a letter and not a court order. I don't understand what you are saying? I need to know more details to make sure this letter is written correctly. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Exactly, this is a mutual agreement by both parents. There is no court order.
January 2, 2007

Kortney Hayes

RE: Child Support for Antonio Hayes

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to confirm that Antonio Hayes's father, Mr. XXXXX XXXXX has been paying me the mother of Antonio Hayes child support in the amount of $150.00 a month.

Sincerely,

Kortney Hayes

______________________________

State of Maryland
County of _________________

WITNESS my hand and official seal

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. THIS IS FLAWLESS.
I WILL BE CALLING ON YOUR HELP AGAIN VERY
SOON. I HAVE ALREADY PAID YOU FOR YOUR
ASSISTANCE ON THE FIRST TRY.

UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN,

CJ

PS: I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE AND WILL TELL
    OTHER'S ABOUT IT.
You are most welcome. Hope to hear from you soon.