4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/CSI
Experience:  Sworn Expert Witness in Criminal Law. Sworn Expert Courtroom Testimony.
796442

is it legal for my neighbor to have a camera pointed at my house

Customer Question

My neighbor has installed a camera that oints to my house. I first learned of this from someone who said he's been in the house and watched w/ the neighbor everything going on at my house. He said there is more than 1 camera. I see 1 and it IS pointed at my house. is this legal?
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.
State Laws and Local Codes state that the camera's must not invade the privacy of adjacent landowners. And that the camera's must cover only area's of the owners property which is being videotaped for surveillance reason's. They can not point a camera directly at your house 24/7. They can however use a camera to capture any illegal activity or damage that is being done to their property by adjacent landowners. I would suggest that you contact your local Code Enforcement Office and file a complaint. They may be able to enforce your City, County or State Codes. Let me know if you need further assistance.