4ren6, Forensics/CSI
Experience:  Sworn Expert Witness in Criminal Law. Sworn Expert Courtroom Testimony.

what is the legal age to babysit a sibling in Washington state

No Comment Added
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.
Are you really asking how old (youngest age) or the actual legal age as you state. Are you just wanting to know when it is legal to leave two children alone. Your question can be taken several ways. Is there more to this then your actual question ?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: We would like to know when it is legal to leave two children alone for one to two hours.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.

There is no State Law to provide for such. This is based on the age and maturity of the children. You need to weigh many factors into doing this. Certainly it would not be appropriate to leave to 10 years old alone. This is something that your going to have to decide on based on your knowledge of your children and past history.

Most problems arise from parents leaving a child or two children alone by themselves at too young an age. Children and Family Services can come out if notified or if a problem such as a house fire should occur. They then will determine if you were in any violations.

To better try to answer your question. Again, you need to decide what is the best for your situation and children. The best age to do this would for one of them to be at least 14 -15 years of age and have shown some past history of being able to take control.

I hope this better helps you. There is no set age law as such. Bear in mind that your legally obligated for anything that may happen while they are alone. Let me know if you need further assistance on this and I will be glad to further help.