Margaret K.
Margaret K., CCJS
Experience:  Certified Criminal Justice Specialist, Certified Criminal Justice Addiction Specialist
2640361

im having sexual dreams about my brother in law what

Customer Question

i'm having sexual dreams about my brother in law what does this mean
Expert:  Margaret K. replied 10 years ago.

It means nothing at all. It is not abnormal to have sexual dreams about family members. Dreams are like fantasies; they're harmless unless you act on them. What you don't deal with while you're awake, you'll deal with them in your dreams. This dream doesn't mean that you're actively sexually attracted to your brother in law; it merely means that you're human and humans have sexual dreams. We seldom dream about having sex with complete strangers; we dream about people we know and like, and whom we find attractive. When you're awake, you know logically that it wouldn't be a good idea to have sex with a family member. But when you dream, these dreams have no "right or wrong." They come straight from you subconscious. No need to worry; just remember your personal ethics while you're awake!

Best,

Margaret K.