EsquireEmily, Licensed Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Family Law, Probate, Criminal Law, Civil Law, Juvenile +

Can I get a restraining order against a minor that is ...

Can I get a restraining order against a minor that is harrassing my son at school and spreading lies and threats against him

You personally wouldn't be able to get a restraining order against the juvenile, given that you are not the person being harassed. However your son would be able to get a restraining order against him. Technically your son would start with a temporary restraining order (or TRO) before actually receiving (at the discretion of the Judge) a full restraining order.

Note that this is a pretty drastic step and that restraining orders (and TRO's) aren't always granted. Although you have already tried reaching out to the school, I would advise you to try again - and emphasize that your son will be taking legal action if the other child's harassing behavior is not controlled.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.