LegalEagle, LLC
LegalEagle, LLC, Licensed Attorney
Experience:  Actual online opinions from actual attorneys! Check out all of our positive feedback!
1031076

how do i make a formal complaint against a teacher in ...

how do i make a formal complaint against a teacher in the public school system? My daughter had a teacher in the 6th grade who sent her repeatedly to detention and ISS for insignifican infractions. Now my son has this same teacher. My son is an A Honor Roll student, has been in the Gifted and Talented program since second grade and has always received the highest of compliments for both his behavior and intelligence. In six weeks, he has been sent to detention four times. The teacher is constantly harassing him. What action can I take now?
Have you requested that your son be moved to a different teacher?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to LegalEagle, LLC's Post: There is only one 6th grade English teacher. We live in a small town (population 6800).
You can of course lodge a complaint with the Board of Trustees if you have not gotten any relief from the Superintendent, but you may also want to strongly consider hiring an attorney to assist you. I represent our local school system and I know that our Board does not like matters that invite other attorneys to review the school's activities. Best wishes and good luck.